DESCRIPTION: A 3.4 mile dirt mountain biking and hiking trail paralleling the west side of the Taconic Parkway from the Bear Mountain Parkway, past the pedestrian bridge over the Taconic to just north of Route 6.
HOW TO GET THERE: The Yorktown Trailway can be reached five ways:
- At the intersection of Stony Street and the Bear Mountain Parkway. Park at BJs/Staples and walk along Stony Street.
- By car at the end of Buckhorn Street in Shrub Oak there is roadside parking.
- Where the Trailway crosses Route 132 and Route 6N.
- Hikers and mountain bikers can reach the Trailway via the Taconic Bridge Trail (pink) from Stony Street through Granite Knolls Park, very limited parking or from the large parking lot at the Granite Knolls Sports Complex.
- Hikers and mountain bikers can reach the Trailway via the Taconic Bridge Trail (pink) from Woodlands Legacy Fields Park
LINKS: See New York – New Jersey Trail Conference for additional Yorktown Trailway information.